Your help is needed
How to get involved
Record your observations
Forgot your password?
Terms and conditions
Donate to help wombats
Wombats in Australia
Southern hairy-nosed wombat
Northern hairy-nosed wombat
Photo Gallery - Upload your pics
Meet the team
Health and safety message
Important message for all participants
Whenever you are undertaking an outdoor activity, it is essential that you take care! If you are planning to, or undertaking a field survey, please take extra care during your activities. Pay attention to your surroundings and be mindful of any possible hazards (such as trip hazards). Be especially careful whilst looking for or recording information in the field.
Health and safety tips to remember
1. Keep a first aid kit handy at all times.
2. Even if you are familiar with the area, take a map, compass, or GPS with you – and let someone know where you are going and when you expect to return.
3. Check the site and be watchful for possible hazards (e.g. trip hazards).
4. Take a mate, friend, neighbour or colleague with you.
5. Always wear appropriate clothing, footwear, eye-wear, sunscreen and a good hat.
6. Take a fully charged mobile phone with you if you can.
7. Take adequate water and food with you.
8. If driving to a site – Stop and take regular rest breaks.
9. Avoid approaching animals that might react in fright or in defence.
10. If an emergency occurs, dial '000' for emergency assistance (Police, Fire, Ambulance).
When undertaking any field activity, it is vital that you use common sense, and never put yourself at risk. Follow these precautions and tips and have an enjoyable and safe field activity.
Health & Safety Statement
One West Design
Please enter your username and password.
Keep me logged in